Call for Short Term Scientific (STSM) Applications
6 STSM can be funded in the current round covering the period 1st March 2012 to 31st May 2012.
Deadline for the submission of applications:
No less than 4 weeks before the planned start of the STSM
Deadline for the completion of the STSM:
May 31st 2012
Aim of STSM
STSMs aim at strengthening existing networking activities within the Action. All participants are encouraged to apply, especially PhD students and early stage researchers. The purpose of the STSMs is to support working visits to laboratories and institutions of COST Action FP0904 member countries. STSMs should last for a minimum of 5 working days and a maximum of 3 months.
It is important to note that the complete STSM application file (see below) must be received by the Action's Grant Holder no less than 4 weeks before the planned start of the STSM.
- Applications must be made online using the official COST registration tool which can be found at www.cost.eu/stsm
- The information required for the application includes: dates of the STSM, length of stay, title of planned scientific activity, short description of the work plan, short CV and a budget request (to cover travel and living expenses during the STSM)
- In addition to the information required by the COST Office, applicants should also provide the following information to the Action Chair (Parviz Navi: ) and to the STSMs Manager (George Jeronimidis: ) (preferably in pdf format):
- a short abstract of the scope of the STSMs (1/2 page)
- a plan of the work to be carried out (1 page, approx.)
- a covering letter stating the benefits to be obtained from the STSM
- full CV
- letter of agreement from the host institution
The applications will be assessed by the Action's Core Group and will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- scientific quality
- relevance to the Action
- benefit to applicant's
STSMs for periods of one to two weeks would be preferable and may be given priority. The final decision on the approval of the STMs applications should be expected within two weeks of submission.
For any additional information please contact George Jeronimidis at
NEW! 3rd Call for Short Term Scientific (STSM) Applications
For this latest call 7 STSM are available for funding in the current round covering the period 1st August 2012 to 31st May 2013
Prof. Parviz NAVI
Bern University of Applied Sciences
Architecture, Wood and Civil Engineering
Tel. +41 32 344 02 64